Operations and finance teams gain greater control and flexibility with Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud
The University of Edinburgh is one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world, attracting students and visitors from around the globe. Its Accommodation, Catering and Events (ACE) team offers these stakeholders and staff a wide-range of services, making budgeting, forecasting and reporting complex. Swapping spreadsheets for the Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud has helped ACE to simplify these processes while helping it make smart decisions faster.
- Budgeting was a time-consuming process which involved linking together multiple spreadsheets, checking and re-checking numbers
- It was difficult to model and plan for different scenarios or prepare detailed reports
- Finance had limited time to analyse or benchmark performance
- Budgeting and forecasting is easier and more comprehensive, providing more time for analysis and reporting
- Finance and operations are able to model different scenarios, improving agility
- Finance has saved more than 900 hours annually on budgeting, forecasting and reporting