After a merger increased the company size by one-third, global law firm Pinsent Masons quickly needed a management solution that consolidated separate ledgers and systems. In addition, the solution had to include drill-down capabilities, collaboration in multiple languages and currencies, and a multi-dimensional view of the merged firm. Adaptive Planning, part of the Adaptive Suite, accomplished these tasks and transformed the finance team “from scorekeepers to strategic business advisors.” Instead of reflecting on business decisions, the Pinsent Masons finance team now acts upon forecasting initiatives.
- Lengthy process to finalize data for accounting tasks
- Monthly close took 15 days to complete
- Difficult to incorporate data from separate databases and other offices around the world
- Monthly close analysis and reporting accelerated by 750%, going from 15 days down to 2 days
- Integrated data across separate accounting systems and geographies delivered 360-degree visibility of performance
- Increased productivity towards new initiatives guide long-term investments in IT, real estate, and personnel