Like many public higher education institutions, Montclair State University needed a financial performance solution that can adjust with the changing tide of state government budgets; the legacy on-premises solution they were using required programmers to create annual update reports. The intuitive interface of Adaptive Insights made the game-changing difference to university operations. The finance team slashed the overall timeframe for compiling board reports from one week to a few seconds. Adaptive Insights’ capabilities allowed for various planning and reporting models, yet, brought together multiple sources of data for a single version of truth, putting the university’s finance team back in control of producing meaningful reports.
- Limited functions in legacy system hindered ability for departments to track budgets
- Weeklong process to build a monthly board management report in a spreadsheet
- Government funding varied according to political and economic climate
- Quick implementation of software without IT support
- Nimble reporting that adapts to funding allocation from the state government
- Expanded capabilities to create various models, including financial, planning and course reporting