In the last two years, La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company has grown substantially. It is already a public company with shares traded on NASDAQ, and has a variety of drug development projects in progress to help patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. For La Jolla, it’s imperative to have the best and brightest conducting research and managing clinical trials, as well as strategic financial processes and tools in place to successfully evolve from research and development-focused organization to commercially thriving business.
- Evolving into a larger more complex organization, finance needed a more automated, intuitive set of software solutions to not only plan, but successfully manage their business
- Quarterly forecasting was too time consuming to consolidate actuals and analyze variances to develop informed forecasts
- Accurate and timely monthly reporting
- Enabling an organization of scientists and clinicians to gain a deeper understanding of how their work and plans relate to financial performance
- Clearer picture of corporate performance helping business leaders make decision based on data and more accurate forecasts
- Automated monthly variance reporting and board packs