When the U.S. headquarters of Konica Minolta exhausted the analysis capabilities of a spreadsheet-based financial process, the document solutions provider sought out a solution that provided an immediate ROI. Efforts paid off when it implemented cloud-based Adaptive Planning. The intuitive interface improved collaboration among departments, which effectively decreased the reporting process cycle by 33%. Rather than running spreadsheets and fixing data, the finance team could now concentrate on running the business with data-driven decisions.
- Difficult to compile data and analyze information
- Limited participation and collaboration in the budget process due to security issues with Excel process
- Inability to link to ERP system, resulting in lack of automated reporting capability for HR, payroll, and individual capital expenditures
- Provided significant insight into business through increased visibility into financials and data accuracy
- Reduced the budget process by 33%
- One hour web-based training enabled 127 users