DHL Global Forwarding Ireland takes the complexity out of freight logistics. Why not take the complexity out of financial reporting as well? Managing 60 different budgets in spreadsheets for several cost centers and branch offices made it difficult to make simple changes, which prevented visibility into planned versus actual expenses. Those challenges turned around after a certified Adaptive Insights partner implemented a customized reporting hierarchy and chart of accounts in Adaptive Planning. DHL Global Forwarding Ireland improved the efficiency of its reporting and manpower, leading to more reliable budgets and forecasts that move business forward.
- Complex budget model with 20 different cost centers and branches
- More than 60 individual budgets linked together in Excel
- Took more than a week to clean up the budget
- Saved the equivalent of 5 weeks of work by the finance team
- Budget is more reliable
- Ability to analyze actuals variance against plan and drill into the details