California Academy of Sciences brings world-renowned exhibits under one roof. Visibility into those exhibits—along with programs, ticket sales, membership, or donors—required a lens of data solidarity. However, its on-premises solution had limited reporting capabilities and complex software tools that required IT support. The cloud-based platform and intuitive interface of the Adaptive Suite improved data contribution among managers, which led to data solidarity and timely reports for senior level executives. Instead of relying on report writers to provide financial reports, the finance team gained access to real-time analytics. Self-reporting put the focus on the right pieces of data, shifting strategy development back to the finance team.
- Limited reporting capabilities with on-premises financial planning software
- Complex software tools discouraged non-financial users to access data
- Relied on SQL writers to provide financial reporting
- Cloud accessibility improves participation in data contribution
- Effortlessly generate timely reports for senior level managers
- Data solidarity enables managers at various levels to access real-time analytics