When it came to driving business growth, Boston Scientific relied on IT support to make updates to business rules, calculations, and conditions within an on-premises software system. The Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud put the finance team back behind the wheel. Instead of technical delays, the finance team now focuses on scenario modeling and analyzing business impact. Budget and reporting control lies directly in the hands of key contributors who steer Boston Scientific and keep the business running at maximum productivity.
- Reliant on IT to manage budget system
- Lack of visibility into budget model assumptions
- Difficult to make changes to system as business operations change
- Eliminated significant time that was previously spent verifying calculations and tracing activity
- Improved collaboration and greater sense of joint ownership over budgets and forecasts between finance and other department leaders
- Annual ROI of 300% compared to total cost of ownership of on-premises enterprise software