Alternative Futures Group, a health and social nonprofit based in the United Kingdom, sought to improve its financial management. It had been using a spreadsheet-based platform, which lacked the flexibility to integrate multiple budgets and produce scenario models. Adaptive Planning software revamped the organization’s financial processes, including how it extracts key metrics, which prompted a review on ways to effectively deliver health services. As a result, Alternative Futures Group earned national recognition as a leader in accounting management excellence.
- Working with as many as 100 collaborators on the same budget in Excel
- Difficult to adjust forecasting in a spreadsheet-based model
- Cumbersome process for headcount budgeting
- Challenging to conduct scenario modeling and understand the impact on cash levels
- Finalize complex changes to assumptions or capital plans within minutes instead of days
- More robust scenario modeling
- Nimble reporting on cash flow and balance sheet led to improved distribution of information across operations