As New Zealand’s number one pharmacy vitamin brand, GO Healthy is passionate about helping everyone operate at their peak and it’s equally ambitious about its own performance. So when the company’s manual planning and reporting processes failed to keep up with its growth, it looked for a solution to help finance streamline reporting and address error-prone consolidation and unreliable forecasts.
Partnering with GK Horizons, GO Healthy implemented the Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud in just six weeks. The cloud-based planning solution replaced error-prone spreadsheets and streamlined activities like group consolidation that can now be done in real time—rather than the three days it took previously.
Today, the finance team can more easily compare budgets to actuals and accurately forecast revenue. With three days saved per month on reporting, finance is also more responsive to the needs of the business and a strategic partner in driving GO Healthy’s success.
- Slow and error-prone consolidation– Consolidation was managed in Excel with information pulled from three separate ERPs, slowing down budgeting and reporting and creating risk of error
- Limited insight– Data was isolated in different spreadsheets, making it difficult to compare budget to actuals and extract new insights to drive growth
- Unreliable forecasts– Forecasts were created based on product units for manufacturing planning, but with 600 SKUs and six major distribution channels it was difficult to translate these units into revenue
- Lack of agility– Time and effort spent on manual processes made it difficult for finance to keep pace with the business and accommodate new requests
- Real-time consolidation– Consolidation is now instant and more accurate without the risk of errors related to data entry and complicated Excel formulas
- Best practice reporting– Finance has saved three days per month on reporting while also delivering more reliable and detailed information to inform decision making
- Clearer view of revenue– Forecasts are now completed monthly and include sales and operations indicators, including revenue. Version comparison allows finance to measure forecast accuracy to inform future refinements
- Finance now a trusted partner– With time saved on reporting and consolidation, finance can quickly respond to requests and act as a strategic partner to the business